SRI LANKA -- Green tea has increasingly become a very popular drink worldwide because of its immensely powerful health benefits. It is extraordinarily amazing what green tea can do for your health. And if you’re not drinking three to four cups of green tea today, you’re definitely not doing your health a big favor. Here are the 25 reasons why you should start drinking green tea right now:
2. Green tea and heart disease: Green tea helps prevent heart disease and stroke by lowering the level of cholesterol. Even after the heart attack it prevents cell deaths and speeds up the recovery of heart cells.
3. Green tea and Anti-aging: Green tea contains an antioxidant known as polyphenols which fight against free radicals. What this means it helps you fight against aging and promotes longevity.
4. Green tea and weight loss: Green tea helps with your body weight loss. Green tea burns fat and boosts your metabolism rate naturally. It can help you burn up to 70 calories in just one day. That translates to 7 pounds in one year.
5. Green tea and skin: The antioxidant in green tea protects the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals, which cause wrinkling and skin aging. Green tea also helps fight against skin cancer.
6. Green tea and arthritis: Green tea can help prevent and reduce the risk of rheumatoid arthritis. Green tea has benefit for your health as it protects the cartilage by blocking the enzyme that destroys cartilage.
7. Green tea and bones: The very key to this is high fluoride content found in green tea. It helps keep your bones strong. If you drink green tea every day, this will help you preserve your bone density.
8. Green tea and cholesterol: Green tea can help lower cholesterol level. It also improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol, by reducing bad cholesterol level.
9. Green tea and obesity: Green tea prevents obesity by stopping the movement of glucose in fat cells. If you are on a healthy diet, exercise regularly and drink green tea, it is unlikely you’ll be obese.
10. Green tea and diabetes: Green tea improves lipid and glucose metabolism, prevents sharp increases in blood sugar level and balances your metabolism rate.
11. Green tea and Alzheimers: Green tea helps boost your memory. And although there’s no cure for Alzheimer’s it helps slow the process of reduced acetylcholine in the brain, which leads to Alzheimer’s.
12. Green tea and Parkinson’s: Antioxidants in green tea helps prevent against cell damage in the brain which could cause Parkinson’s. People drinking green tea also are less likely to progress with Parkinson’s.
13. Green tea and liver disease: Green tea helps prevent transplant failure in people with liver failure. Research showed that green tea destroys harmful free radicals in fatty livers.
14. Green tea and high blood pressure: Green tea helps prevent high blood pressure. Drinking green tea helps keep your blood pressure down by repressing angiotensin, which leads to high blood pressure.
15. Green tea and food poisoning: Catechin found in green tea can kill bacteria which causes food poisoning and kills the toxins produced by those bacteria.
16. Green tea and blood sugar: Blood sugar tends to increase with age, but polyphenols and polysaccharides in green tea help lower your blood sugar level.
Polyphenols and flavonoids found in green tea help boost your immune system, making your health stronger in fighting against infections.
: Green tea prevents you from getting a cold or flu. Vitamin C in green tea helps you treat the flu and the common cold.
Theophyline in green tea relaxes the muscles which support the bronchial tubes, reducing the severity of asthma.
: Green tea helps with ear infection problem. For natural ear cleaning soak a cotton ball in green tea and clean the infected ear.
Green tea increases the effectiveness of topical interferon treatment of herpes. First green tea compress is applied, and then let the skin dry before the interferon treatment.
: Green tea destroys bacteria and viruses that cause many dental diseases. It also slows the growth of bacteria which leads to bad breath.
L-the theanine, which is a kind of amino acids in green tea, can help relieve stress and anxiety.
EGCG found in green tea relieves allergies. So if you have allergies, you should really consider drinking green tea.
Scientists in Japan have found that EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) in green tea can stop HIV from binding to healthy immune cells. What this means is that green tea can help stop the HIV virus from spreading.