Join Storehouse Tea for a
Tea and Chocolate Tasting
Saturday, February 1st
10:00am Whole Foods Market
27249 Chagrin Blvd, Woodmere, OH 44122
Pearl Dexter, editor and publisher of Tea, a Magazine, says “there are three ways to look at tea and chocolate pairings. The first is as ‘friends,’ teas and chocolates with similar characteristics. The second is as ‘lovers,’ teas and chocolates that complement each other through their differences. The third happens when both combine ... a ‘Perfect Match.’” Lucky for us, it doesn't take an expert to find a wonderful tea and chocolate pairing. Many experts have helped the ordinary tea and chocolate lover by making recommendations of some of the most popular tea blends and the types of chocolate that they think taste best together. Here are some tips to guide your own palate, and help you find your own “perfect match” of tea and chocolate!
Storehouse Tea Recommendations
for Tea and Chocolate Pairing
1. Russian Caravan, Organic Fair Trade Black Tea: Origin – India, China. Dominant flavor – malty, slightly smoky. Pair with -- dark chocolate, milk chocolate.
2. Indian Masala Chai, Organic Fair Trade Black Tea: Origin – India. Dominant flavors – cardamom, cinnamon. Pair with -- milk chocolate.
3. Irish Breakfast, Organic Fair Trade Black Tea: Origin – India. Dominant flavor – malty. Pair with -- chocolate cake.
4. Chocolate Coconut, Organic Black Tea and Rooibos: Origin – China, South Africa. Dominant flavor – bright, sweet coconut, chocolate, earthy. Pair with -- milk chocolate, dark chocolate.5. Wuyi Rock, Organic Oolong Tea: Origin –China. Dominant flavors – sweet, earthy, roasted. Pair with – white, milk, or dark chocolate.
6. Genmaicha, Organic Green Tea: Origin – China. Dominant flavors – nutty, vegetal. Pair with – white or milk chocolate.7. Citron Jasmine, Organic Fair Trade Green Tea: Origin – China. Dominant flavor – flowery, citrus. Pair with -- chocolate madelines, white or milk chocolate.
8. Ginger Pu-erh, Organic Green Tea: Origin – China. Dominant flavor – earthy. Pair with -- dark chocolate.9. Pomegranate, Organic White Tea: Origin – China. Dominant flavor – sweet vegetal and fruity. Pair with -- white chocolate, dark chocolate
10. Amazon Mint, Organic Yerba Mate, Guayusa Tea: Origin – Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador. Dominant flavor – sweet vegetal, minty. Pair with -- milk chocolate, dark chocolate
For more information click here to see these teas on our website: